Thursday, September 11, 2008

Here comes another one!

Well looks like another hurricane is coming our way..I am so ready for hurrican season to be over! I think we may evacuate again, but certainly not to Houston this time. We may go to Mississippi or East Louisiana. When I go get Jaycee from school I am going to gas up the car and get some cash out just in case. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...Hopefully Ike will be kind to us and the others who are in his path.

Seven years ago I was sitting in Marine Biology with the best teacher ever, Mrs. Treadaway, God rest her soul, when we heard the news of the twin towers and the trade center on 9-11. We were all very nervous and didnt know what else to expect. I was mostly in disbelief. I just sat and stared at the tv. Mrs. Treadaway just stood looking and shaking her head when her eyes filled with tears at the sight of devastation. ROTC was my next class and our commander, retired Major Danny Odom, was infuriated and I quickly knew why. He told us that terrorists had done this, I couldnt understand how someone would do such a terrible thing. I still dont understand. This morning I was driving Jaycee to school and over and over they kept playing news clips of that morning and I just cried for the families that lost loved ones and in absolute appreciation of all of our heroes. I feel very lucky to be married to soldier, or hero as I like to call him. I am a VERY proud army wife, I couldnt be more blessed. I am so grateful to all of our men and women in uniform, and when I say uniform I mean military, policemen, firefighters and anyone who protects us. God bless the USA!

5 comments:

Team Manager said...

Be careful and stay safe. I hope this is the last evacuation for you and all those at risk.

Thanks for sharing your 9/11 story...I plan to post mine later tonight. I don't think any of us will ever forget what we were doing that tragic day.

jessicatodd said...

Stay safe girl!

Christie Groth said...

Yes, it was a horrible day and I think we all remember exactly what we were doing when heard the news.
You guys be careful. I think this big boy might do some damage....

Candice said...

Be careful and if you want you can evacuate north to Tennessee if you want ;) Take care miss Debra and I will call you today after I get off work. Love ya!

Jenn Kruse said...

Oh Debra, stay safe....I'm crying, it's hard to be a soldiers wife, I wish you were here!