Monday, December 29, 2008

A little update

Well as you know, James came home for R&R 2 days before Thanksgiving. I cant even explain how excited I was to lay eyes on him! I dont think I had ever been that excited! I was kind of worried Jaycee would not want to go to him, but that was totally not the case. She smiled and went right to him! I was so happy that she did that. That was a great night if you know what I mean:) Hehehe....We had Thanksgiving with his family and James fried the turkey which came out excellent. The next day James and I left for our little romantic get-a-way to a little cozy B&B in Breax Bridge, LA. Ahhhh man, we had a great time! Very romantic:) We went to eat at the Bone Fish Grill and the Ruth Chris Steak House...both were excellent!

We also did our little Christmas while he was home and boy did I get spoiled! He was actually wanting to spend some money if you can believe that! Those of you that have heard me talk about James being tight, know what I mean. Jaycee had a wonderful time opening all the presents. She sat in James' lap the whole time opening all the gifts. Of course, she got pretty spoiled too:) I love that man and I couldnt have asked for a better man.

He was suppose to leave Dec. 11th and the airport was an hour away (Lake Charles) and bc he had to be there at 5:45am we decided to stay over night in Lake Charles. That was a very emotional night for me:( When we got up the next morning it was snowing! When we got to the airport his flight had been cancelled!!!!!! I was so freakin excited! So we got one more night with him:)

Well of course, he left the next day and I was actually ok until I got home and Jaycee was asking where daddy was...thats when I fell apart:( That was really hard trying to be strong for her. It took about a week for things to get back to normal but now we are doing pretty good. Well anyways guys I hope you all have a very Happy New Year! Be safe!!!! Love you guys:)

4 comments:

We Four Explorers said...

I'm so happy that James was able to come home for Thanksgiving. I had to laugh, because you've told me how tight he is!
I'm not looking forward to that R&R aftermath myself....sucks, really sucks!

NesrstaFamily said...

Whoo Hoo! So glad James came home and you enjoyed your time together. Lord knows we deserve it!! I hope time will go by faster after Ryan comes...hoping. Happy New Year Debster!!

Margaret said...

Hooray, so glad you had a great time and that James loosened the velcro on his wallet for you and Jaycee. How awesome that you got an extra night...hope I can be that lucky as well. Miss you, chica...have a Happy New Year.

NesrstaFamily said...

Ok, I know I made you work hard these past two weeks, but please update! I must know what is going on with the Debster!!!!